Organizing an event at work or in your community is an excellent way to raise awareness of Fragile X – and raise money to take us a further step toward a cure. There are plenty of fun ways to get your friends, family and co-workers involved, from golf tournaments, to garage sales, to one of our Canadian Parties for Fragile X Research and Awareness (see below).
To register your event:
We are asking everyone who plans to hold a party or event to register.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us:
April – The Canadian Party for Fragile X Research
- your name
- address & email address
- phone number
- how many people you are expecting
- the date of your event
- your fundraising goal - if you have one
- what type of event you’re hosting
Every year in April, The FXRFC holds The Canadian Party for Fragile X Research.
It is a unique fundraiser. Participants host a party to raise money. Guests are asked to bring a cash donation to the party and proceeds go to fund Fragile X research projects across Canada and raise awareness about Fragile X.
Other fundraising ideas
Several events have been organized by families impacted by Fragile X across Canada. Here are some examples of the kinds of creative events organized by dedicated, committed “Friends” of the FXRFC across the country:
If you have an idea you’d like to share, please contact us:
- golf tournaments
- fashion show
- birthday or anniversary party, in lieu of gifts
- awareness bracelets
- concert with silent auction and buffet
- our employees lunch together once a month at the office. The meals are prepared by volunteer employees, with everyone making a $7.00 donation
- our office has our own little general store where we keep goodies for urgent cravings of employees. The extra money goes into a jar kept for spare change at the reception desk.
National Fundraising and Volunteer Coordinators
Ian Shearer and Jennifer Williams are parents of two young boys with Fragile X.
To order Fragile X brochures or other support materials for your fundraising efforts, please email Ian & Jennifer at: email@example.com
Fundraising & Volunteer Coordinators
Ian Shearer &
can be contacted at: